Matching Gift Information
Many companies have a matching gift program which matches employee gifts to organizations such as Tau Beta Pi dollar for dollar, or even more. Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. The Tau Beta Pi Association, Inc. is a non-profit educational organization and is classified under section 501(c)(3) not private of the United States Internal Revenue code and gifts to the Association are tax deductible. All matching gifts are allocated to our Scholarship and Fellowship Programs to provide cash awards for engineering undergraduate and graduate students. To arrange a matching gift...and multiply your support to Tau Beta Pi...simply follow these steps:
- Talk to your employer to determine if TBP is eligible.
- Obtain matching gift forms from your employer or submit online. Tau Beta Pi's E.I.N. # is 62-0479545.
- Make your gift by check or credit card to Tau Beta Pi.
- Return your gift with your company's matching gift form to TBP, if applicable.
- Many companies, such as Boeing, no longer accept paper forms.
- The GE Foundation requires employees to register their gift amount online.