Tau Beta Pi Resume DVD for Convention Recruiting Fair
In response to corporate and graduate program interest, Headquarters will compile a DVD containing resumes from student members who plan to enroll in a graduate program, seek employment, or an internship after graduation. A copy of this DVD will be given to each company and graduate school at the Convention's Recruiting Fair on Friday, October 13, at the Edward Hotel & Convention Center in Dearborn, Michigan. (List of participating companies and schools) You should also bring physical copies of your own resume to the fair.
Please participate in this worthwhile project that will contribute to the growing popularity of this fair among corporate and university recruiters across the nation. This project also offers those students not attending the Convention a chance to place their resume in the hands of companies and schools who very much want to hire or enroll Tau Bates.
Please follow these simple instructions:
- Collect MS Word or PDF document resumes of interested chapter members.
- Name each individual file with the person's name (John Smith.doc or .docx). Files with names such as "resume", "myresume" or "engineering resume" do nothing to uniquely identify the resume. There is no need to put "resume" in the file name as that is implied as the DVD is nothing but resumes.
- For students seeking full-time employment, sort resumes by curriculum and place each resume in a separate folder for each curriculum. Name each folder using the curriculum table below.
- Place resumes of students seeking an internship in a folder named "Intern." Sort resumes by curriculum as in #3.
- Place resumes of students seeking graduate school admission in a folder named "Grad School." Sort resumes by curriculum as in #3.
- Place the curriculum folders in a master folder. The name of this folder will be your school’s name, not the name of your chapter.
- Email the folder to Pat McDaniel at email@example.com. Compress the folder into a ZIP format (Do not use RAR, 7Z or other less common formats). SEND ONLY ONE MASTER FOLDER PER CHAPTER.
- Deadline to receive resume folder is September 15, 2017.
- Folders not in the proper format will be returned for correction.
- Thank you for participating!
You may also take your own resume to the fair and hand it to recruiters. Contact if you have any questions.
|File Name||Curricula Included||File Name||Curricula Included|
|Arch||Architectural engineering||Astro||Astronautical engineering|
Computer Software engineering
|Engg phys||Engineering physics
|Engg sci||Engineering science|
|Enviro||Environmental engineering||Geo||Geological engineering
Geosystems engineering and hydrogeology
Operations research and engineering
|Mgmt||Engineering Management||Marine||Ocean engineering
|Matls||Materials science and engineering
Natural gas engineering