Tau Beta Pi Vision Statement
Tau Beta Pi is universally recognized as the preeminent engineering honor society that students of all engineering disciplines strive to become members of.
Tau Beta Pi Mission
As the only academic honor society that confers recgonition on eligible individuals from all engineering disciplines, Tau Beta Pi:
- Recognizes those who have conferred honor upon their Alam Maters by distinguished scholarship and exemplary character as students in engineering, or by their attainments as alumni in the field of engineering;
- Provides leadership development and soft skills training for engineering students and alumni members;
- Promotes lifelong alumnus member involvement.
Tau Beta Pi's Strategic Goal Areas
- Enhancing the Image, Visibility, and Branding of Tau Beta Pi
- Strengthening the Finances and Fundraising of the Association
- Advancing Collaborative Member Engagement
- Providing Relevant and Recognized Leadership and Professional Development
- Developing the Organizational Process of the Association
- Improving Chapter Support and Operations
Preamble to the Constitution
The Tau Beta Pi Association was founded at Lehigh University in 1885 by Edward Higginson Williams Jr., to mark in a fitting manner those who have conferred honor upon their Alma Mater by distinguished scholarship and exemplary character as students in engineering, or by their attainments as alumni in the field of engineering, and to foster a spirit of liberal culture in engineering colleges.
Tau Beta Pi Creed
Integrity and excellence in engineering.